Health is Wealth. Agree to this? I am sure, all of us do. Everyone wishes a healthy mind and body. To remain hale and hearty, we can go extra miles. But, we cannot predict accidents. They can happen anytime and anywhere. So, why not be prepared for it? One of the important steps can be to have a first aid kit. Let us focus on its importance in our further discussion.
A First Aid Kit is a kit that carries all the essential bits required for a quick and easy treatment of a patient. We can rely on it, especially in emergency situations where WAITING corresponds to KILLING. It can be assembled with the appropriate supplies and can also be bought as a whole from a pharmacy (either offline or online). But whether self made or readymade, one should comply with the identification mark, which is a white cross with a green background.
As Swift As That
Imagine that hot oil prick on your mother’s hand or your child’s sudden outburst when he gets a cut on his finger or for that matter, your colleague’s sudden eye infection. Do you really think that you will wait for a doctor to treat these ailments? Will you ever want your loved ones to be in pain for long? No. Right? Here is the time to use that quick friend of yours that comes handy. If not for the complete eradication of a problem, the first aid kit will at least help in reducing the severity to a large extent and that too very quickly.
Minor Ailments Treatment
A first aid kit, be it at home, at workplace, in travel bags etc. must be equipped with the basic supplies keeping in mind some minor mishaps. It must completely cure minor cuts, burns, scratches, itching, rashes, sprains, strains, congestions, headaches and diarrhoea. Splinters or ticks can be removed easily, using tweezers,
Your first aid kit is your companion even for some severe injuries and accidents. Agree that it cannot completely cure but will definitely act as a pre work, an initial and quick relief. It is of crucial importance to stabilize the patient who is facing a sudden, critical health problem. Some of the examples of such woes are- poisonous insect or animal bites, severe diarrhoea, fainting, high fever, skin infections, nose bleeding, severe eye trauma etc.
Helps In Maintaining Composure
An ad hoc medical emergency is already so traumatic and the waiting time for an ambulance or a doctor, makes it even worse. The first aid kit gives stability to the situation. It helps to maintain our calm which in turn aids in taking logical decision. Also, we are spared of that extra spending that we would have done because of the hustle and bustle.
- Ensure referring a first aid manual in case of any doubt regarding the usage of a medicine or things. In fact, attending a first aid course can serve the purpose, better.
- As we know that it will be required by us in emergency situations, make sure that everyone at home or at the workplace are aware of the location.
- Keep a regular check for the used to dates and replenish, as and when required.
- Make sure, not to place the kit in a humid place.
- Let the children know the location of the kit but ensure that it is not accessible to them.
Homeopathic First Aid Kit
Here comes a solution for those who do not rely on allopathic treatment. One can resort to homeopathic first aid kit. We will have a glance on its constituents and the ailments that it can treat:-
- Burns – Cantharis 200C and Cantharis Q. Help prevent blisters and promotes recovery.
- Bruises – Arnica 30C. Relieves the pain and swelling.
- Bee Stings – Apis 200C reduces inflammation and pain.
- Sprains – Rhus toxicodendron 200C.Take internally in order to heal early.
- Insect Bites/Needle Pricks – Ledum 30C to be taken after washing the part properly.
- Abrasions – Calendula 30C, Calendula Q and Hypericum 200C
- Bone Injuries – Ruta 30C to be taken internally. If a severe bone fracture is suspected, take Symphytum 30C prior to visiting the doctor.
Although, we have seen the importance of a first aid kit in our day to day life, we would always want you to be safer every time because precaution is always better than cure.
See top first aid kit reviews here: