|Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle GL2E2||4.3||$|
|BlackHawk CQC™ Concealment Holster Matte Finish Glock 19||4.7||$$|
|BlackHawk Serpa Sportster Paddle Holster Glock 19||4.6||$|
|Safariland Glock 19, 23 6378 ALS Concealment Paddle Holster||4.6||$|
|Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster For Glock 19 Right Hand Black||4.6||$|
Types Of Holster
There are many different types of holsters that are available these days and each one of them is suitable for various different purposes. Some of the common types of holsters available are:
- Shoulder Holster: These are a very old form of holster. It is where the gun crosses over your shoulder and hangs on both sides and balances the weight of the two guns. The only feature which is not approved about this holster is that its rig juts out from behind. Otherwise, it is a great place to store your guns when on duty.
- Belt Holsters inside the waistband: This holster fits perfectly between your pants and your body. However, it fits in such a way that it is easy to draw and use. It stays securely in position but the only thing you need to take care is that you need to wear pants that are comparatively bigger in size so that it can conceal you gun with the holster.
- Ankle Holster: Ankle holsters are best for smaller guns and semi-automatic pistols. It consists of a elastic strap of Velcro which you can attach to your ankle and conceal your gun easily.
- Clothing Holsters: These are basically like clothes or jacket itself that consists of specially designed pockets to hold your firearms and weapons and hide them.
- Pocket Holsters: These holsters are as small as your pockets and thus are suitable for concealing only smaller weapons.
- Purse and Bags: These holsters are mainly suitable for women and are the perfect way to hide a firearm in times of need.
- Outside the waistband Belt holster: This is the most commonly used holsters at present and we are going to talk about this in the rest of our review. OWB holsters can be attached in many different ways and there are many different designs and features of the holsters of this kind.
>> READ MORE:
How To Choose Your Holster?
Some of you newbies might be wondering as to how you would choose a holster. There are a few points to be kept in mind which will guide you in choosing your holster. They are:
- Budget: Firstly decide on how much you can spend for your new holster. This way you can figure out a range for your choice and start selecting accordingly.
- Design and color: You might have a fascination for the design of your holster. Go through a number of designs available before you take your call. On the other hand there are not many options other than black and brown for holsters, so choose the one you like.
- Kind of Weapon: This is one of the leading criteria for selection of a holster. Depending on the kind and the size of weapon to be kept select from the range of holsters.
- Features: There are many different features of holsters available from different companies and meant for different models. Go through them and then choose the one that fits your requirement the most.
>> READ MORE: Best IWB Holsters for Glock 19 Gen 4 Reviews
Tips To Maintain Owb Holsters
- Firstly you should never use a holster where you need to force your weapon in.
- Make sure your weapon can go in and can be taken in and out easily from the holster. That is, it should not be too tight on your gun.
- It should not fit too tightly to your body so as to cause any discomfort either.
- Regular cleaning and conditioning of the leather of the holster should be done.
- Conditioning the leather might also be a necessary step to be taken in case of leather holsters.
- Keeping the inside padding of the holster dry is also essential.
- There might be need for some lubricant in some holsters but then again it needs to be done judiciously as too much oiling might make it slippery and too less might not be enough to solve the problem.
>> READ MORE: Best KYDEX IWB Holster Reviews
Top 5 Best OWB Holster For Glock 19 Reviews 2021
Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle GL2E2
This is the holster with the standard design, with not many deviations from the standard design. But nevertheless, it has its own benefits and specialties. The holster has made a new mark in the design and the technology of all the holsters of its kind in its own way.
- This is one of those products that are extremely low on maintenance. There is absolutely no need for oiling.
- The Glock holster is durable enough to be able to hold up even in the extremes of conditions.
- A very good choice for right handed shooters specially.
- The paddle version uses a rubber paddle which again is very long-lasting and durable.
- The material used for this one piece holster is of a very high quality even though the price for which it is available to the buyers.
Though there are not many negative aspects of this holster for Glock 19, however, some have some minor complaints about it
- The holster needs no maintenance, is true but it is sometimes too tight for the users.
- The waist band of this concealed carry holder is too close to the body, which makes it somewhat inconvenient for some of the users.
- The angle at which the holster is attached is may decide how difficult it will become for the user to draw out the device from the holster.
Concealment Holster Matte Finish Glock 19
This is a very stylish holster and sophisticated holster that will keep your weapon concealed as well as let you walk in style. The holster is a popular one among professionals due to its great number of benefits.
- The design of the holster is pretty cool and stylish, especially in black and the matte finish.
- It consists of the SERPA auto lock release and passive retention adjustment screw.
- The quick drawing of the weapon from the holster is facilitated due to the speed cut design that is something BlackHawk specializes in.
- The audible click while re-holstering is a security measure for the holster and it has been proved to be very helpful time and again.
There are very few deficits of this holster. Some of them are:
- The price to be paid for this holster is somewhat high compared to its peers, hence people seems to be a little deceived by the price.
- The retention button might not be suitable for one and all. You need proper practice and expertise to handle this kind of holster.
- The polymer used for the holster is not preferred by all.
BlackHawk Serpa Sportster Paddle Holster Glock 19
BlackHawk, as always masters in the style and the design of its products. This particular holster is not just suitable for Glock 19 but is also suitable for other Glock models as well. The holster is a preferred design by many professional shooters as well as security men.
Some of the best things about this holster are:
- The gunmetal finish and the black color, gives it an extra classy look altogether.
- It specializes in paddle platform only and is not suitable for belts.
- Both left as well as right handed usage of this holster is facilitated.
- The immediate retention and the audible click are just perfect for the purpose and thus opted by many professionals all across the globe.
- The price for all these features and more comes at a very affordable price
Like there is the flip side of the coin, some of the drawbacks of this particular holster are:
- It is said to fit too tightly for Glock 19 4th
- Sometimes if you are not careful enough it might even lead to scratches and marks on your precious weapon.
- The safety button has not received much appreciation from the customers yet.
- The color of the holster might not be grey all the time; sometimes you might even receive a holster that is black in color. But if you are not too fussy about the color, this might be a great companion for you.
Safariland Glock 19, 23 6378 ALS Concealment Paddle Holster
This is one of the rare holsters that is imported and is opted by a huge number of professionals and gunmen for their job. The synthetic holster lasts for a long duration and is very easy to handle and use.
There are a huge number of features that sets this holster apart from its peer. They are:
- This makes use of the ALS (Automatic Locking System) for the concealment, which is a very desirable trait for professionals.
- The synthetic material used in the making of the holster makes sure that you do not have to put in some extra effort to keep the holster intact. Rather in ensures that your holster is low on maintenance.
- It is ergonomically designed along with soft nylon paddle.
- The finishing of the holster is plain and simple yet its performance is better than many.
- The low profile design and the slip shape of the holster make it very good for concealment.
Some of the negatives of this product are:
- Assembling the materials provided along with the holster to get it up and running might just give you a tough time if you are new in the game.
- The price is quite high and might not be suitable for all to get hold of this holster.
Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster For Glock 19 Right Hand Black
This is a perfectly designed holster for handguns and it is as simple and plain as possible. Nevertheless the features it has and the performance it provides is way beyond your imagination. Many gunmen prefer this to other holsters to conceal their firearms with style.
Some great things about this mini scabbard holster are:
- This holster is specifically made for right handed users and the design is such that right handed uses can use it at ease.
- Black as well as tanned leather has been used to make this holster and you can choose from the two.
- The adjustable tension device is the main thing that is attractive about this particular holster.
- It retains its shape and fits the gun snugly so that it can be drawn out easily.
The flaws in this holster can be summarized as:
- The holster has been reported to be a little heavier for the purpose.
- The price is a little high compared to other similar holster but however it is worth it.
- The design for this Desantis Gunhide holster is not this best that is available in the market at present.
There are these and many more holsters available in the markets at various range of price, these being best Owb holster for glock 19 among them. There are a wide range of prices for each of these holsters as well and you can choose yours based on the gun that you are using or the kind of performance you wish to receive in return for the price you pay. With these concealed carry holsters, hide your gun in style while you are at work. Choose the best conceal carry holster for you and refer this guide for the same.
>> READ MORE: