Have you ever thought of updating your arsenal and doesn’t know where to start? The best mil dot scope under $500 is a great way to make that upgrade but you are still facing another problem and that’s what model and brand to choose. Your problem is officially over because we got you covered with our review of the top 3 scopes that feature a mil dot reticle. First, we need to know exactly what we are looking for in an exceptional product without straining your budget:
- Ease of Use (Adjustment)
Now that we know what we need your rifle scope should have, it is high time we look into the best picks in this product category:
- UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope
- Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope
- Leupold Mark AR Riflescope
Let’s start and discover the features and designs of each of these versatile rifle sights and see which accessory deserves a spot in your arsenal collection…
For the best mil dot scope under $500, the first and most important factor to consider is the budget-friendliness of the rifle sight. You are obviously looking for a reasonably priced scope but we’re sure you don’t want a ridiculously cheap product with apparently sub-standard features. We look into our top 3 picks and see which of these have high-quality designs with a price tag that suits you:
- Leupold Mark AR Riflescope. This is a reasonably priced model but it is the costliest in our 3 picks. Despite the much higher price compared to the other two in the collection, the Leupold riflescope boasts of a smorgasbord of designs that would boost your performance, making it a great value for your money.
- Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope. The mid-range price of this riflescope is what attracts numerous mil dot reticle users but the innovative technology integrated in the design is also worth every dollar you spent on the item.
- UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope. This compact riflescope is the most affordable in our selection and it is getting good reviews for not just the price but the features and performance boost that it offers. The above-average quality of the rifle sight makes it a great option for your arsenal collection upgrade.
—> Our Top Choice for PRICE: UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope
A mil dot riflescope is one of the best choices for a weapon update if it offers long-lasting performance and resilience no matter what condition or demands you encounter on the field. Whether it is for military combat or recreational target shooting, the best riflescope sight can withstand the harshest conditions outdoors and endure heavy-duty demands for performance.
- Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope. The riflescope offers top-notch durability and flexibility on the field with its tough construction that is made from high-quality materials. The unit is completely fog resistant and waterproof with its sealed O-ring and Nitrogen filled body.
- UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope. The model is a 30mm tube that is built on the patented True Strength Platform. It features the nitrogen filled and sealed construction, making it totally shockproof and resistant to the elements including fog and rain. It also comes with the flip-open lens caps that add to the integrated security feature of the multi-emerald coated lenses.
- Leupold Mark AR Riflescope. This unit from Leupold is one of the toughest in the brand’s riflescope collection with mil dot reticle design. The riflescope comes with the anodized aluminum housing for complete durability and resilience. It offers resistance and security from the elements including fog, rain, and water through its 2nd generation krypton and argon construction.
—> Our Top Choice for DURABILITY: Leupold Mark AR Riflescope
The mil dot riflescope should offer the highest performance as well as compatibility with your weapon and other accessories such as the holographic sight to ensure optimal results. A rifle sight’s performance mainly depends on its design and construction as well as the advanced technology used for its overall operation.
- Leupold Mark AR Riflescope. The imported riflescope with mil dot reticle that is specifically designed with military-grade features to assist the US Marine Corps in approximating their distance. The Leupold reticle is proudly the standard for all military and law enforcement branches. It also highlights the horizontal and vertical scadia with its 8.60X maximum magnification for fast target acquisition and improved precision.
- Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope. The unit is using the built-in aiming points in its mil dot reticle design and the 98% multicoated optics that offers superior light transmission. The boosted performance is also attributed to the quick focus eyepiece that instantly focuses the reticle for target acquisition and accuracy. Nikon’s Ballistic Match Spot On Technology gives users the optimum results.
- UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope. The riflescope boasts of the 3-12×44 SWAT mil dot reticle with tactical range estimating design. It also shows off the EZ tap full 36-color feature with premium zero locking and resetting target turrets.
—> Our Top Choice for PERFORMANCE: Leupold Mark AR Riflescope
EASE OF USE (Adjustment)
The best and most affordable mil dot scope should also ensure user-friendly features and ease of operation particularly on the adjustment of the rifle scope to acquire your target and guarantee precision.
- UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope. The True Strength Platform is the innovative technology used for the signature construction of the unit. The design includes the Smart Spherical Structure to ensure responsive elevation/windage adjustment.
- Leupold Mark AR Riflescope. The Multicoat 4 design increases the light quantity that reaches the eyes while minimizing reflection for improved image quality. It does not, however, have an adjustable left-side parallax.
- Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope. The built-in mil dot reticle aiming points make this unit easy to operate through its easier elevation adjustments. The adjustable features are even improved with the zero-reset spring-loaded instant turrets.
—> Our Top Choice for EASE OF USE (Adjustment): Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope
Based on the review and the criteria for quality and affordability, what is the best mil dot scope under $500?
Our top 3 selection for riflescopes with mil dot reticle design are all within the affordable price range. However, there is no telling which one is the best because the best pick would actually depend on the individual and unique needs of the user. One model of affordable riflescope could be ideal for one and not that good for another. There are different questions to answer to narrow down the best choice:
- How much are you willing to pay for your riflescope upgrade?
- Are you a novice or a veteran in the field of target shooting and field combat?
- Do you want a top-notch unit with optimal performance regardless of the price?
Our verdicts based on our answers to these questions are as follows:
- Best Mil Dot Scope for the Money: UTG Mil Dot Compact Scope
- Best Mil Dot Scope for Beginners: Nikon ProStaff Mil Dot Riflescope
- Best Mil Dot Scope for Optimal Performance: Leupold Mark AR Riflescope
Upgrading your collection with the best mil dot scope under $500 is the most lucrative investment you could ever make. Find other must-have items to complete your collection including the sks scope.