If you are a handgun enthusiast, you have probably spent hours reading and researching about the various handguns available. Even the tiniest of details is checked before you buy the one you like. We often tend to pay little or no attention to pick a holster.
It is important that you pick the right holster for your gun and the position you feel most comfortable carrying the handgun. We are saving you some time guiding you how to pick the holster for your use and the five best 1911 holster reviews for you.
|BLACKHAWK! Serpa Sportster Holster||4.5||$|
|The Ultimate Leather Gun Holster - 3 Slot Pancake Style Belt Holster||4.8||$|
|Galco Combat Master Belt Holster for 1911 5-Inch Colt, Kimber, Para, Springfield||4.6||$$|
|OUTBAGS USA OB-04SC Nylon OWB Outside Pants Carry Holster w/ Mag Pouch||4.4||$|
|The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster||4.6||$|
How To Choose The Right Holster For Your Needs?
Holsters are made from nylon, leather or plastic molds. Nylon is easy to carry as it is light. Leather holsters are great after they have been used a couple of times.
The most important factor to consider about the material is the release time and stretch of the material. A good holster doesn’t stretch and takes the smallest time to break-in. Plastic and leather holsters are the most popular choices among users.
If you are a beginner trying to carry concealed weapon, you should pay attention if the clothing you are wearing is light or heavy. For instance, you might want to carry a smaller pistol with a snug holster if you are wearing summer clothes which can’t carry much weight. If you are wearing shirt and jeans you can opt for heavy handguns with thick holsters as it is easy to conceal under jeans.
There are different kinds of holsters which have different concealing abilities and comfort when used. Depending on your lifestyle and use of the weapon you can opt for IWB holsters which are worn in 3 classic positions, these offer most concealment but some discomfort as they rub against the skin.
OWB holsters offer a better grip over the handgun and are easy to re-holster from any position. Wearing OWB is far more comfortable than IWB holsters.
Top 5 Best 1911 Holster Reviews for 2022
BLACKHAWK! Serpa Sportster Holster
Blackhawk is widely popular among not just the military and cops but also among common people who are interested in firearms. Their tactical gears are known to have a simple effective design. This particular model is designed for civilian use prioritizing their safety.
- This is a size 3 Holster. It fits 1911 government models and most clones of it with or without rails.
- It features SERPA auto lock active retention system. It is secure as the retention is immediate and you will hear a click upon re-holstering. This might be a good option for people with an active lifestyle.
- The holster will keep your firearm intact throughout your daily activities. When you want to take the arm from the holster there is a retention button which releases it when it pressed.
- Finger lock release for the trigger.
- This Serpa sportster holster is made out of polymer molded by injection. This is very durable as it can survive rough handling.
- It fits very tightly during the first few times and you may have to struggle to get the gun out. Lightly lubing the holster before the first use might help.
- It can be used on paddle platform only.
The Ultimate Leather Gun Holster – 3 Slot Pancake Style Belt Holster
Unlike most nylon holsters made in china, this is a proud brand which uses American leather handcraft these holsters. Not just that, Ultimate Gun holster makers understand the needs of firearm users better and deliver outstanding quality.
- This Ultimate Leather gun holster has a versatile 3 slot pancake design. You can use it wear it any way that is comfortable to you.
- This holster is made from the highest quality leather unlike numerous nylon holsters available in the market.
- It is handmade by skilled workers, using US cowhide leather right here in America.
- The holster is designed to be slightly curved to fit snug and close to the body. It promises maximum comfort along with the concealment.
- It has an open muzzle design which fits most models of 1911 with all barrel length.
- It is a light and works perfectly well with the rails on pistols.
- The loops used to attach it to the belt run a little small.
Galco Combat Master Belt Holster for 1911 5-Inch Colt, Kimber, Para, Springfield
Galco Combat Master is made from premium materials with double stitched holsters made to hit your firearm perfectly. It is available in black or tan color for both right and left-hand users. Its butt forward cant conceals even large handguns and is ideal for cops and people in the army. Galco has been making quality holsters for firearm enthusiasts for more than 40 years now.
- It is made from the best quality materials including 100% premium steer hide leather, imported from the best.
- It is a popular choice among law enforcement and military and citizens due to its traditional pancake design with a few added perks.
- It has been rigorously tested for durability and quality and fits belts up to 1 ¾”.
- It is made for 1911 with 5-inch colt, Para, Kimber, and Springfield.
- It covers the entire barrel providing full slide coverage. This is great to concealed carrying as it stays close to the body. Full coverage protects the gun from any scratch or snag.
- It is a great product to be used even when carrying 1911’s openly; they are great accessories which enhance your overall look.
- It may not be the best choice for people who prefer half coverage slide for easy removal of the gun.
OUTBAGS USA OB-04SC Nylon OWB Outside Pants Carry Holster w/ Mag Pouch
Outbags USA is a proud family owned company operating since 1996. It is a proud American company which still hand craft their gears in California. They have designed many holsters with their thumb break mechanism which makes it easy to draw the firearm easily. It is a good option for those who are looking for open carry of arms.
- It is made for outside pants use.
- It has an adjustable strap which can be strapped on and off easily with your thumb.
- It can hold any belt up to 2-inch width with detachable belt clips.
- It comes with a magazine pouch with Velcro strap which will fit standard 5 inches or shorter pistols. It is made from 600 Denier nylon. This makes the holster handy.
- There is an inner lining on the holsters which reduces the wear on the gun overtime.
- It is perfect as a casual holster with the button which makes it easy to remove which is great for the affordable price range.
- It may not fit the 1911’s 5 inch and longer if the pistols are thick.
The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster
This is a proud American-made holster which boasts about its quality of suede. It is a great choice if you are looking for inside the waist band closed carry holster. Waste no time to take your gun out when using this holster, they know each second is crucial.
- It is a genuine suede leather holster crafted by American craftsmen with Pride. The leather used is from America too unlike the mass manufactured holsters which used synthetic fibers. The suede material is very light and protects your gun form scratches.
- It is heavy, durable and made to easily fit 1911 pistols for ultimate comfort and optimum comfort.
- It is one of the few holsters which offer lifetime warranty on the product. So you can be sure this is a good investment which will last you forever.
- It fits most 1911 model guns with variable barrel length, S & W, Kimber, Colt, Ruger, Taurus, Remington, Browning, Sig Sauer and many more.
- It stays firm without coming off the clip from the belt.
- It might short for some thick 1911 models and may not be comfortable to remove the pistol out depending on the model.
Holster is an important accessory as your handgun is in the holster every time you are carrying it outdoors. You don’t want your gun to get scratch lines due to rough use. If you are a beginner, we recommend you opt for OWB holster until you get used to the positions and handling the gun.
It is important to think beyond the cost when you are picking a holster. In our five best 1911 holster reviews, we have tried to filter from the countless holsters in the market today.
>> READ MORE: