Varmint hunting is not only done to get rid of pests and small mammals that are considered to be nuisance in the community but also for past time, sport and as a living. Now, to be able to catch these little critters, it is a must for hunters to have the right kind of gears such as having the best varmint scope, among many others. Having one is the easiest way to get the job done with utmost precision and ease.
5 Best Varmint Scopes for Rifles 2022 – Comparision Chart
|Simmons 656245 Predator/Varmint Series TruPlex||4.8||$$|
|BARSKA 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope||4.6||$|
|Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm Rifle Scope Mil Dot Reticle||4.6||$|
|Predator Rechargeable Varmint Flashlight Pressure||4.8||$$|
|WindFire Waterproof Predator Varmint Pressure||4.8||$|
And so, when it comes to finding your varmint scope, you need to keep the following benchmarks in mind:
- The right price.
- Overall design
Having enumerated all these criteria, we have scoured the hunting world to find our top 3 choices for the most recommendable makes and models of varmint scopes. And these are the following:
- Simmons 656245 Predator/Varmint Series TruPlex Reticle and Side-Parallax Adjustment Riflescope
- BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope
- Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm Rifle Scope Mil Dot Reticle
To help you choose which varmint scope would fit your requirements and suit your expectations the best, let’s dissect each one and identify how they meet the specifications of each criteria that we have set. By doing this, we can identify which ones we can strongly recommend for you to purchase.
Varmint hunting is no easy task. And by this we mean that without investing the right gear will surely leave you empty handed even after spending days out on a hunt. Of course, when it comes to making the right investment, you don’t need to buy the most expensive ones or the cheapest ones. What you need to consider the price of each scope, compare it to the budget that you have set, as well as to the rest of the items on the specifications on your list.
- BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope – out of the three on our list, Barska’s model is definitely the most budget friendly. Do not be fooled by its affordable price, because it is accurate and can offer long-range scoping. For beginners and those who are looking for a high quality scope, this one is definitely worth your attention.
- Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm Rifle Scope Mil Dot Reticle – when you compare Tasco Target’s Rifle Scope to Barska’s unit, you wouldn’t notice any significant price difference. But looking closely at its specifications, we can say that it offers more compared to the previous one on our list.
- Simmons 656245 Predator/Varmint Series TruPlex Reticle and Side-Parallax Adjustment Riflescope – by far, this is the most expensive out of the three varmint or rifle scopes on this list. As a matter of fact, if you are quite on a budget, and you rely on budget alone, this brand and model is something that you might want to think twice about, before making that purchase.
—> Our Top Choice for Price: BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope
This quality is definitely something that every varmint hunter should take notice of, especially when purchasing new varmint scopes for their rifles. I mean, who would want to buy something for a very expensive price and not being to make the most out it because it broke down after a few instances of use. It would be helpful to find out how durable these scopes are before buying one for you or your loved ones.
- Simmons 656245 Predator/Varmint Series TruPlex Reticle and Side-Parallax Adjustment Riflescope – the scope is made to withstand harsh weather conditions. We have found out that this varmint scope is waterproof and fog proof, which allows hunters to see clearly even during rains, snow or even during the hottest of weather. The materials used are tested and approved by experts – making the scope durable.
- Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm Rifle Scope Mil Dot Reticle – the optics and lenses are multi coated and are tested to survive and function well through, rain, hail, heat and snow. Not only is it water proof and fog proof, it is also shock proof, so in cases of rifle throwbacks or recoil, accidents, crashes or the scope or the gun itself being dropped, hunters wouldn’t have to worry about breaking the lenses or losing its calibration/accuracy. The riflescope was made with highly durable materials.
- BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope – like the Tasco Target model, Barska’s Varmint Riflescope offers durability based on the materials used to make it and also it’s shockproof, wind proof and water proof specifications or characteristics. The great thing about this model is that the manufacturers confidently backs their product with a Limited Lifetime Warranty which will cover several aspects of your purchase and the quality of the products themselves.
—> Our Top Choices for Durability: BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope and Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm Rifle Scope Mil Dot Reticle
To further shed light on this criterion, design is not just about the look or the overall aesthetic value of the product that you are purchasing, You might buy the most beautiful or appealing looking varmint scope, but if it wasn’t designed and built to perform it’s task accurately and effectively, then you definitely made the wrong choice. Design is about how it was made, how it functions and how compatible it is for your rifle and your hunting needs at the same time.
- Simmons 656245 Predator/Varmint Series TruPlex Reticle and Side-Parallax Adjustment Riflescope – It’s matte black finish gives it a really sleek look. And while it seems to look bulky, with the tube’s diameter is 30mm, it is by far the lightest, shortest and the easiest scope to maneuver with. It’s overall length of 14.875 inches is not a hindrance to its ability to spot varmints from 50 mm away. The turrets can easily be adjusted with your fingers, which ensures amazingly accurate target adjustments. It doesn’t matter whether the sun is too bright or the rain is too heavy, Simmon’s Predator/Varmint Riflescope can easily adapt to each condition with the help of its multicoated lenses.
- BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope – The lenses can objectively pin-point it’s target from a 50 mm range. This is similar to the Simmons mode as well. This riflescope boasts of its quick-magnification features which allow hunters to aim at targets for both close or long-range shooting. The optics are also multi-coated. It is also compatible to most hunting rifles just like the other two on our list. However, you might want to consider the overall weight and length of scope, because at 22.03 oz., it is the heaviest of the three. The weight can add up to the overall weight of the rifle, which may or may not affect your shot precision.
- Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm Rifle Scope Mil Dot Reticle – the scope offers high-definition, multi-coated optics which helps ensure accurate shots, whatever weather or environmental conditions are. It is sleek and is light enough to be mounted on your rifle. Adjusting for accuracy and focus is also a breeze. However, the scope’s range of 42 mm is quite lesser or shorter compared to the other scopes on the list. However, proper practice and lens calibration can make up for the lack of range.
—> Our Top Choice for Overall Design: Simmons 656245 Predator/Varmint Series TruPlex Reticle and Side-Parallax Adjustment Riflescope
Runner Up: BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope
You may find several other brands in the market claiming different product features and specifications to convince you that theirs is the best, but at the end of the day, what would really help you make that choice is carefully studying each product to see if one or two can meet and possibly exceed your standards or expectations. What you need is the best one that could cater to your hunting needs without fail for many years.
Looking at the reviews and comparison for each of the 3 varmint scopes, we can say that the BARSKA 6.5-20×50 AO Varmint Target Dot Riflescope is the one that we can recommend for you to try out. While it didn’t come out on top of the Overall Design Category, it’s qualities and specifications do not fall far from Simmons and even fairs better than Tasco. Barska has scored an almost perfect 3/3 score – meeting all three major qualifications to on the top of the best varmint scope classification.