Are you currently searching for the best reloading press? If you are then you should first consider why an auto reloading press is what you should buy for your reloading job. In case you are not aware, a progressive reloading press is what you should be looking for if you are loading primarily for pistol and are shooting large quantities of ammunition. A progressive reloading press is the right choice for you if you are tight on time and large on budget. With this kind of reloading press, you will surely enjoy using machinery that comes with lots of knobs and levers especially when you are mechanically inclined.
3 Best Reloading Press of 2022 – Comparison Chart
In the current market, a variety of reloading press products is found and they often vary in terms of quality, features and price. Here we have made it possible to come up with the three buzz-makers in the market especially among those who have a strong inclination with firearms and accessories. These three include the following:
|Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe||4.9||$$|
|Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press||4.8||$$|
|Dillon Precision 16944 XL 650||4.7||$$|
We have also formulated 4 essential criteria (complexity, precision, durability and cost) that will help you decide squarely and effectively, so that when you are done with this review you will be able to pick the one that you think is best for you.
- Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe. Lyman’s famous Expert Kit has always been the kit with a complete selection of high quality equipment which includes the Universal Case Trimmer. Moreover, this reloading press is the first to become digital in terms of scale. With a truly complete selection of reloading tools in one package, there is nothing more that you could ask for. Just add the components and you are good to go to start loading your own high quality and custom ammunition.
- Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press. Hornady’s AP is an automatic and five-section press with the friendliest user interface and innovative patented quick tool change technology of all progressive presses. These allow you to switch pistol and rifle dies, powder dies, check dies, belt seaters and crimp dies without changing the whole die head. And since it is easy to use, rest assured that this is something you can rely on every time.
- Dillon Precision 16944 XL 650. With this AP, you will need dies to make this machine load 9mm. It comes with mechanically indexed shell plate that rotates one station with each pull of the handle. It works with mechanically inserted cases and manually fed bullets. Casefeed tube is used to insert cases automatically while the Casefeed motor can be added to automatically insert cases into the Casefeed tube.
Our Pick for Complexity: Dillon Precision 16944 XL 650
- Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe. When it comes to precision, Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe is something that will not cause disappointment at your end. With its digital scale and complete selection of high quality reloading tools, you can always have the chance to come up with precise and accurate reloads each time. And with its Universal Case Trimmer, you are always on the go to enjoy great precisions in all of your reloads.
- Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press. This AP is professional-grade, five-station and auto-indexing features quick tool change technology. This means that you are allowed to switch rifle and pistol dies, check dies, powder dies, bullet seaters and crimp dies the accurate and precise way possible. The AP’s system is capable of reloading up to 500 rounds per hour while renders you with the quickest changeover of any progressive press thanks to the five-station quick change bushing system. With this system, you can have the freedom to change from 223 to 45 in just a matter of five minutes – simply the fastest compared to other progressive presses in the market today.
- Dillon Precision 16944 XL 650. With this auto progressive press’ you will actually need des to make this machine load 9mm. For Station 1, you need to resize and de-prime; Station 2, powder drop and flare; Station 3, powder check; Station 4, seat; and Station 5, crimp. Moreover, its mechanically indexed shell-plate rotates one station with each pull of the handle.
Our Pick for Precision: Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
- Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe. Lyman is one of the world’s most trusted brand names in terms of high quality firearms accessories. It’s a brand that entails good quality in each of the products it offers, making it as one of the most trusted and well-loved brand names among firearm enthusiasts from all across the glove particularly in the United States. And when we say quality, Lyman simply means quality in all aspects and that includes great sense of durability.
- Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press. Again, Hornady is another brands name that you can trust as far as quality is concerned. No wonder why many firearm fanatics are there giving praise and admiration to all of the products that bear this highly respected name in the firearm industry. Truly, this product will surely prove itself as an epitome of high quality, versatility and of course, durability.
- Dillon Precision 16944 XL 650. When it comes to durability, this product is something that you can rely on. While its name may sound new to you, you can have the assurance that this is something that you can count on in terms of quality and durability based on customer reviews that give it five star ratings. For sure, you will never ever go wrong with this offering from Dillon.
Our Pick for Durability: Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe
- Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe. As for the cost, this reloading press from Lyman happens to be the lowest in terms of price when compared to the other two options we have on our list. At a price that’s less than four hundred fifty bucks, this proves to be the best pick for you.
- Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press. When compared to the other two presses on this list, this one from Hornady is actually the second highest in terms of price. Still tagged at a price that’s below found hundred fifty bucks, this press also makes a good pick for you.
- Dillon Precision 16944 XL 650. Among the three options we have here, this press happens to be the most expensive. Tagged at a price that’s more than six hundred bucks, it’s something that you may not regret about especially when you are large when it comes to your existing budget.
Our Pick for Price: Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe
You may have noticed that auto progressive reloading presses are more expensive than other types of reloading presses out there in the market. And basing from our review and the score obtained by each, it is obvious to point out Lyman T-Mag Expert Kit Deluxe being the best reloading press for this particular category. However, the other two options also played admirably well and they could be also a good pick especially when you have found certain things that you have not found in our top pick.