Do you love archery or hunting? Are you looking for the best broadhead for elk but are not able to find one with the whole wide range in the market? The comprehensive guide along with reviews will give insight and information on top broadhead arrow for brings down elk.
The arrow needs to be specific when it comes to elk hunting and that makes it important to make the right choice. The broadhead arrow is one of the best arrows to hunt for elk; same is agreed and used by even experienced hunters.
|G5 Montec Broadhead 3/PK||4.7||$|
|Muzzy Trocar 100 Grain Standard Broadhead||4.4||$|
|Trophy Taker Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead||4.4||$|
What To Look For In A Broadhead Arrow?
The arrow needs to be effective enough to serve the purpose of hunting and there are certain features it needs to be integrated with. It should be constructed in a way that it helps in hitting the target with precision. So, here are the things you need to check in the arrow before purchasing it.
- Type of blade – The type and pattern of blade is very important while purchasing the arrow. It is recommended to purchase one piece or replaceable blades because they can be replaced if blades become blunt. They are designed for maximum penetration and some have screw in type ferrules which locks itself for better retention.
- Durability – It is important because the arrow needs to be strong and rigid enough to cut through the elk’s muscle and bone. It is thus integral to check the quality of the material and precisely purchase one made of hard carbon steel.
- Blade sharpness – Depending on the sharpness of the blade, it is easy to bring down the elk at one go. The blade should be sharp enough to bring down the elk with one throw.
- Weight – Most of us tend to ignore this factor but it is very important for precision of movement and accuracy of hitting the target. If the arrow is too heavy, it travels with speed but tends to fail hitting the target with maximum impact. Less weight tends to fling the arrow in air. It makes it integral to use an arrow which can provide optimum movement.
- Diameter – It is important to measure the amount of damage it will do to the target. An arrow with large cutting diameter does more damage and brings down elk instantly. The blood trail of the elk increases with large diameter.
Top 3 Best Broadhead for Elk Reviews On The Market 2021
G5 Montec Broadhead 3/PK
The pack of three broadhead arrow is used by many professional hunters for bringing down elk and is very efficient in elk hunting. The design and manufacturing of the broadhead arrow is classy and made of superior carbon steel material. The diamond cut of the arrow is sharp enough to penetrate deep into the animal.
The one piece construction is easy to use and has a sharp blade edge. It is made of durable material ensuring re-sharpening and easy replacement.
- Pack of three sharp blades that ensures efficient precision and accuracy
- Superior carbon steel construction and sharp edges and blade for high end performance
- Sharp blades and easy to re-sharpen to retain productivity
- Excellent penetration in animal with bone crushing
- Easy replacement with presence of multiple heads
- Single piece construction along with diamond cut end for better sharpness
- Comes with 100% spin testing for easy and efficient throw
- Robust, durable and tough, great for throwing and spinning to hit the target
- At times it is difficult to re-sharpen an edge that has become blunt
- Practice needed for new users, as it flies like a rocket at times
Muzzy Trocar 100 Grain Standard Broadhead
It is one of the standard names in the archery and hunting world with the broadhead spear serving as best weapon to take on elks. One of the most prominent features of the broadhead arrow is its helix blade system which maximum the spinning through air and keeps the arrow stable. The impact on hitting the target is more and is generally accurate. It is one piece construction made of steel that imparts its robustness and durability.
- Integrated with 0.035 inch Helix Blade imparting maximum accuracy
- One piece construction made of steel with razor sharp blades and cutting diameter of 1 3/16 inch
- 3 blade construction for the arrow with 100 Grain
- Accuracy in movement and stabilized plight before landing on target
- Durable, tough and sturdy with its steel construction
- Solid steel ferule construction and allows for deep penetration on hitting elk
- Blade system ensures efficient spinning while maintaining the movement balance
- Easy to re-sharpen and install for use, blades can be replaced to make it overall more productive
- Frequent replacement needed, mostly after hunting down one elk
- Blades can be replaced but sometimes tend to be loosely installed
Trophy Taker Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead
It is small broadhead which reduce the amount of drift and enables easy trailing of the elk. The construction is stylish, durable and made of one piece stainless steel ferrule. It has a stout blade locking system with tapered, non-vented blades that ensures deep penetration.
It is integrated with shuttle blade which inflicts hemorrhaging and blade tends to retain itself on the elk after penetration. It has razor sharp and chiseled tip for deeper penetration.
- Durable, sturdy and rugged product with great construction
- Made of stainless steel in one piece ferrule with razor sharp curved blades
- Stout blade locking system that ensure deep penetration and retention of blade
- Sliding of blade into ferrule o T-block bases ensures blade retention
- Tapered, non-vented blades with deadly curved with steel blades of 0.041” thickness
- Dense bone too can be cut with thicker blades
- Silent in flight ensuring the target does not get an idea of the arrow
- Ease of installation and sharpening of blunt ends.
- Blunt edges needed to be re-sharpened repeatedly for retaining maximum productivity
- Construction is good but practice is need to ensure accuracy and precision
The broadhead arrows provide significant torque and precision of movement making it a reliable weapon to bring down an elk. With different types of arrows in the market, choosing the best broadhead for elk is little difficult but this guide with reviews is prepared to help you make the right choice. All the reviewed broadhead arrows are used and tested by experts. We can help you with the best among the three if you are still confused.
Amongst the three products, Muzzy Trocar 100 Grain Standard Broadhead is the best as it has strong, razor sharp Helix blade construction for deep penetration in the elk skin. It ensures maximum precision and efficiency in use with accurate target hitting. The blades can be replaced easily as well as re-sharpened.
If you are an elk hunter, it is time you use the best hunting weapon to bring down the elk at one go. Use broadhead arrows and feel the difference in elk hunting.
>> READ MORE: