Do you love going to the beach with family and friends? If you want to have fun at the beach you need to take the necessary gear with you. The essentials include snacks, water bottles, books, sunglasses, towels, toys, umbrellas and other such important things. If you want to avoid the trouble of carrying all these items in multiple bags, you can choose the beach carts that are available in the market.
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Folding Beach Cart by Wheeleez Rolling Caddy Large Heavy Duty||4.5*||$$$$$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
|TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart - Collapsible Sturdy Steel Frame Garden/Beach Wagon/Cart||4.5*||$$$$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
|Ollieroo Outdoor Utility Wagon Folding Collapsible Garden Beach Snow Shopping Cart||4*||$$$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
|Rio Beach Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Cart||4.5*||$$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
|BeachMall Wonder Wheeler Beach Cart Wide Rear Wheels with Silver Mist Frame||4*||$$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
|Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon, Blue||4.5*||$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
|Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart||4*||$||CLICK TO SEE LOWEST PRICE | Our Review|
What is a beach cart?
A beach cart is similar to a trolley. It has sturdy wheels and baskets that are made of wicker and other materials. The baskets are usually attached and this can provide you the space that you need to store and carry your beach essentials. The most common beach carts are those that can be pulled by hand and those that can be attached to bikes.
What are the benefits of beach carts?
There are numerous benefits of using a beach cart and once you start using one, you will never want to go outdoors to the beach or park without it.
- Large Capacity – Most people who go to the beach tend to carry their essentials in multiple bags. If you have to make multiple trips to the car to get all the essentials you want, it can become quite cumbersome and take the joy out of the day on the beach. Beach carts with their large capacity enable you to carry all the equipment you need in a single trip. This can help save a lot of time and effort. As you will be able to carry everything you need on a single trip, you don’t have to spend much energy trying to find the ideal place to have fun with your kids and family.
- Easy Transportation – Beach carts have large wheels and they can easily roll over the soft beach sand enabling easy transportation of many things. The handles are sturdy and are designed to push the cart easily on any type of terrain.
- Easy to Store – The carts are compact and can be easily folded. This makes storage easy even in small apartments.
- Durable – The carts are made of sturdy materials and this ensures that they last for many years.
- Highly Versatile – As the carts have large wheels they can be used on any type of terrain. This makes them highly versatile and enables you to use them for multiple outdoor activities.
What factors help beach carts move on sand?
There are different factors that help the beach cart move easily on the sand. The size of the wheels and the material they are made of needs to be considered before choosing the best beach cart.
The wheels need to be large and wide so that they can move on any kind of terrain. You also need to pay attention to the material of the wheels. If they are made of reinforced rubber or polyurethane they last longer.
The other factors that are important include weight capacities and storage options. If you pack too much of cargo in a cart then the wheels can sink low into the ground and you will not be able to push it easily across the soft sand.
How many types of beach carts are there?
There are two types of beach carts – wheeler carts and wagon carts.
- Wheeler Carts:Wheeler carts have small front wheels and large traction rear wheels. The handlebar can be used to push them through the sand easily. A smaller bar on the cart can be used to hold beach chairs. A good quality wheeler beach cart comes with a separate section that can be used to hold a cooler can.
- Wagon Carts: The wagon carts have wheels of the same size. As the carts offer equal support to the load they can be used to carry garden equipment and sporting items. The handle can be easily adjusted to match the individual’s height pulling the cart.
The only downside when you choose these carts is that it doesn’t have separate storage compartments for storing different items.
What should be carried on your beach carts?
If you want to know what you can pack and carry in your beach cart there is an easy way to decide what you need.
- Essentials – Towels and blankets.
- Sun Protection – Sunscreen and sunglasses. These items can protect you from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Fun Stuff – Books, cards, toys, and frisbees.
- Other Essentials – Chairs and umbrella.
Pack everything in a systematic manner so that you will be able to access what you need easily. Use the different compartments of the cart to pack different items.
Are beach carts foldable?
Portability is one of the important factors that you need to consider when choosing beach carts. It is best to choose a cart that can be folded so that you can easily load it in the car. A foldable cart also helps in easy storage. You do need to know that not all carts are foldable.
What materials are beach carts made of?
If you want the beach cart to last long, you need to choose those that are made of high-quality materials. If you choose a cart made of wood, you need to see what kind of wood it is made of. Hardwood is more durable than softwood.
The type of metal that is used in the cart also needs to be considered. Steel can rust faster than aluminum. If the metal or wooden design cart is painted properly it can help protect it against rust and corrosion and ensures that it lasts for a long time.
Carts are made of fabric too. The carts made of fabric are the cheapest but they are not as durable as that of wood and steel design. It is always advisable to choose a cart that is a combination of fabric and metal so that it doesn’t cost more but lasts longer.
What are the most popular brands of beach carts?
Even though there are hundreds of beach carts available in the market, it is advisable to choose the most popular brands as they offer better features and value for money than others. The popular brands include Mac Sports, Rio Brands, BeachMall, Timber Ridge, Wheeleez, Wonder Wheeler and Tommy Bahama.
What is the average price of beach carts?
The average price of beach carts can vary depending on the type of features it offers. Wagon carts are usually priced at $70 whereas wheeler carts are cheaper and are available at around $60. You can make the choice depending on your specific requirements and budget.
How to choose the beach carts for sand?
There are many things that you need to consider when choosing beach carts.
- Durability and Ease of Use
Beach carts are not just durable but also easy to use. It is advisable to choose a durable cart so that it is able to withstand even the heaviest gear and doesn’t wear or tear easily. Check the construction of the frame to ensure that it is made of durable materials that can last long.
The size and type of wheels are one of the most important things that you need to look for when choosing a beach cart. Wide wheels are preferable so that you will be able to traverse any kind of terrain. The rear wheels need to be wider for traction.
The cart should be easily foldable so that it takes the least amount of space and fits easily in the trunk of your car. This also enables you to store it easily in your home.
- Loading Capacity
The loading capacity of beach carts can vary from 75 lbs – 150 lbs. Some carts have a loading capacity that is as high as 220 lbs. You need to make the choice depending on the type of beach equipment you wish to carry. Avoid loading more than the capacity of the cart as this can put it at risk of breaking.
- Size and Weight
Size and weight are important factors that you need to consider. If you want to carry all the beach equipment with you in one trip you will need a cart that is big and has a lot of space.
How to make a PVC beach cart?
Beach carts are essentials if you love going to the beach or spending time outdoors. It is not difficult to make a PVC beach cart on your own.
- Prepare A 2-Wheel Axle – Buy a two-wheeled axle to use as the base for the cart.
- Build the Frame – Cut pieces of lumber that are long enough to fit on the axle. Secure the pieces using a bolt.
- Make the Handle – PVC pipe can be used to make the handle. Bend the pipe into a U shape and attach the ends to PVC elbows.
- Attach the Cooler – The cooler can be attached next to the tub in a secure manner. Use a strap to keep the cooler in place.
- Test the Beach Cart – Fill the cart with rocks and test to see if the handle can support the weight. Check to see if the wheels roll properly and the cooler stays secured.
Top 7 beach carts for 2017
1. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
If you want to carry a load of items from your car to the beach in just one trip then the Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon is an ideal choice. This heavy-duty wagon cart is a great option if you want to carry a lot of stuff.
The cart has a 150-pound weight capacity and is about 3 feet long and 2 feet wide and deep. This means that you will be able to fit everything in the cart. The adjustable handle and large wheels make it easy to pull the cart easily on soft sand.
- It has a large amount of space and this can be used to carry multiple things easily to the beach.
- The wagon can collapse into a very manageable size for easy transport.
- The durable fabric makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- The 2 mesh cup holders can help accommodate your drinks.
- The cart can be really heavy when fully loaded and this can make it a little difficult to pull it along on the soft sand.
- The front wheels are not locked and this means that you will not be able to make quick turns on the sand.
2. Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide
The affordable and high-quality Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide can help you carry a large number of items in a single trip. The cart is ideal for beach and other outdoor tournaments.
The extra wide back wheels enable you to maneuver it over any kind of surface. The wide wheels also provide stability to the cart and this makes it easy to transport your beach gear easily. The front wheels facilitate front movement. The beach cart comes fully assembled and this saves you the trouble of having to put things together.
- The high storage and weight capacity can enable you to load it with a lot of stuff.
- It has an extra-large compartment at the front.
- It is extremely strong and can hold a weight of 100 lbs.
- It can be easily assembled and this makes it easy to fold for easy transportation and storage.
- The cart comes with a removable tote bag.
- The front wheels are not very strong and you need to be careful when pushing the cart even on soft sand.
- The cart can be a bit tall for children and they will find it difficult to reach the handle and pull it for fun on the sand.
3. Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart
If you are looking for an all-terrain wheeler cart that can easily transport all your beach gear in one trip, you can consider the Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart. The enormous space allows you to carry almost anything you want to the beach.
It is made of durable steel frame and this means you can carry bulky items. You will be surprised to know that you will be able to carry 100 lbs of beach stuff easily in this cart. You can load four beach chairs and other beach accessories (snacks, toys, towels and water bottles) and steer it easily across the soft sand.
- The cart can be easily folded and this makes it easy to transport and store.
- The cushion handles and dual steer wheel fronts enable you to push it easily across all types of terrains.
- The insulated cargo bags are removable and come with zippered side pouches.
- The wheels are weak and they can fall over after a few uses.
- If you leave it in the elements the metal parts can easily rust.
- Stability needs to be checked regularly. The screws can loosen and you will have to tighten them at regular intervals.
4. Ollieroo Outdoor Utility Wagon Folding Collapsible Garden Beach Shopping Cart
The Ollieroo Outdoor Utility Wagon Folding Collapsible Garden Beach Shopping Cart
is a durable folding utility wagon that can be used on fun family outings to the beach and park. It is also a good choice for shopping and family outings.
The wagon has a weight capacity of 150 lbs and this can enable you to carry all the beach equipment you want in just one trip.
The thick rubber wheels are large for easy hauling across different terrains. The polyester material of the wagon is easy to clean. All that you need to do is to wash it soap and water to remove sand and other dirt.
- No assembly required. This means that you can open and close the wagon within seconds.
- The collapsible design ensures that the large wagon folds to a compact size. This makes it easy to transport and store.
- The versatile product is an ideal choice for multi-purpose use.
- The frame can bend after a few uses if you load the wagon with too many heavy items.
- Some users find the wagon not suitable for beach use. It doesn’t pull well in soft sand.
5. Wheeleez Folding Beach Cart
The Wheeleez Folding Beach Cart is perfect for hauling multiple things to the beach and can also function as a utility cart at home and outdoors. It can pack a load of 165 lbs and this enables you to carry a lot of items in a single trip to the beach. You will be able to fit multiple items in the cart for a day of fun at the beach.
The inflatable balloon wheels can handle any kind of tough terrain and this makes them an ideal choice for bumpy and soft sand. The wheels can be detached and this makes it easy to store it after use.
- The big wheels make it easy to ride over all terrains.
- The cart is made of weather resistant polyethylene and this makes it durable.
- The frame is made of rugged stainless steel and this makes it sturdy enough to withstand the sun and moisture.
- The higher price range makes it an expensive choice.
- The load needs to be fastened to prevent sliding.
- It doesn’t have a well-defined carrying area.
6. BeachMall Super Ultimate Ultra Wide Wheel Wonder Wheeler Beach Cart
The BeachMall Super Ultimate Ultra Wide Wheel Wonder Wheeler Beach Cart is exactly what you are looking for to carry multiple items to the beach, camping site or any other outdoor activity. The extra-large wheels make it easy to pull it in the soft sand. The wheels can be removed for easy storage.
The maximum weight capacity of the cart is 77 lbs and it can hold a large cooler and four chairs comfortably. It has an array of compartments and pouches and this makes it easy to organize all your beach gear in an effective manner. The straps ensure that nothing slides and falls on the sand as you push the cart.
- Lightweight and this makes it highly portable.
- As it comes fully assembled, no setup is necessary and you will be able to fold and unfold it within seconds.
- Built-in umbrella holder on the side of the cart enables you to mount your umbrella on it.
- The front wheels are a bit wobbly.
- It doesn’t have a high weight capacity.
- It can be too tall for children and this can make it difficult for them to pull and have fun.
7. TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart
The TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart is a premium quality durable cart with very large wheels and a strong steel frame. The wagon is a high capacity and high weight limit cart that can be used to carry multiple things easily.
The wagon comes with a telescoping handle that can be easily adjusted depending on the height of the user. The large wagon can be easily collapsed and this makes it easy to transport and store. It is made of polyester material and this makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- The wheels are set in the corners and this can provide a lot of stability.
- The oversized large wheels can rotate at 360 degrees and this enables you to manoeuvre it easily on any kind of surface.
- The sturdy steel frame can support up to 150 lbs.
- The telescopic handle makes it easy to handle across different terrains.
- The shallow compartment of just one foot can make it difficult to carry items that are tall. The tall items are more likely to fall out of the compartment.
- The steel frame can easily rust due to the salty conditions at the beach.
How to store and maintain a beach cart?
The beach cart is likely to get dirty when you make regular trips to the beach. As you will be using it near the sea and sand, you need to clean and maintain it so that it lasts longer and you get value for money.
Before you store the cart after use you need to clean and remove all sand from it. Shaking the cart can help remove most of the sand that is stuck to the wheels and other parts. If you have a folding cart you can fold and store after cleaning it in a thorough manner. A fixed or handmade cart can be covered with canvas when not in use.
Before you make the best choice of beach carts, you need to know about the different types and the features they offer. This will make it easy for you to choose the one that is ideal for your specific needs and requirements.
The product that you choose needs to be convenient to use so that you can easily maneuver it over soft sand. When you make a good choice, you will be able to carry all the items you want without you using too much energy. Read our beach cart reviews and buyers guide so that you are able to make an informed choice.